Copyright © 1999 - 2018 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved


Copyright © ​2013 - 2018 SONIA DIAZ

Guanajuato state refrendo (annual car registration) fee may be paid on line. It must be paid in in the first 3 months of the year.

2018 Guanajuato vehicle registration fee (Refrendo) is 529 p for a car and 125 p for a motorcycle. 

My web sit has the link to pay in-line. 

A basic medical examination is required. To save you from having to find the correct clinic and sometimes having the wrong document I will take you to a doctor who will perform the medical, quickly and correctly. You will also be required to know your blood type as it is noted on your license.

​However, if 80 or over you must see an optometrist for an eye test including for a license renewal.

A beginner's license is 550 pesos for cars and 257 for motos. They are available starting at age 15 up to when one turns 18.

​I process more drivers' licenses than any individual in San Miguel.

Marriage in Guanajuato State 

All states in Mexico have similar requirements.


Birth certificate (only long version), apostille for Americans or legalized for Canadians and translated by one of three certified translators.

ID such as passport

Utility bill within 90 days (CFE, SAPASMA or TelMex).

Medical Labs (Analisis Prenupciales); valid for 15 calendar days

Certificado Medico Prenupciales; valid for 15 calendar days

Two witnesses for each person with official ID (4 witnesses in total)

Present a document indicating both have not been married, divorced or widowed as processed by DGRC (Direccion General del Registro Civil) in any Mexican state or from the country in which one has lived. The document once issued is good for 3 months. If, from another country, the document must be apostille or legalized and then translated by one of 3 certified translators.

Material possessions such as property, car, etc. must be specified and division determined.

Those who do not speak Spanish must bring a translator. 

At the San Miguel de Allende driver's license office my husband and I have worked with the staff to assist them in learning English and providing handout to communicate better with English speaking applicants. 

San Miguel de Allende property taxes may be paid on-line and are due in the first 3 months of the year. Normally is a 15% discount when taxes are paid in January and 10% when paid in February. 

For a Guanajuato state driver's license a FMM tourist card, Temporary or a Permanent Resident visa card may be used to obtain a GTO state driver's license. 

Cost for 2018 is 532 p for 2 years, 676 p for 3 years and 819 for 5 years. You may make payment by credit or debit card at the licensing  office. Please allow up to 1.5 hours for the whole process including the medical. 

​A motorcycle / ATV require a separate license and if you surrender a foreign motorcycle license no test is required. Cost is 266 p for 2 years, 314 for 3 and 438 for 5 years. Motos and ATV's also require registration, license plate and helmets.

Guanajuato State Driver's License